MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM
This course is designed to provide the student with the knowledge of management information system, and to acquaint student with the importance of information and its use to the operation and application of computers.
On completion of this module the students should be able to:
- The concept of MIS
- Know the development cycle of MIS and total system
- Understand the principles of decision-making
- Understand the computer report
- Understand Data Base Management System
- Know DBMS case study.
- Understand the uses of information in management decisions.
- Understand management information system (MIS)
- Understand components of Management Information System..
- Understand system analysis and design.
- Understand general information services.
All information and data for this course material are generated from various secondary sources such as the ICAN study pack, tertiary institution course material, online journals and articles, and other relevant webpages.
This course material is very fundamental to student of tertiary institution in the pursuit of academic excellence, as well as in workplace. The aim of this study material is to provide relevant insight for developing their knowledge and to carry out assignments.
Under no circumstance should the course material be used for illegal purposes whatsoever. They are all structurally design for reading conveniences and to create introductory knowledge for student who may wish to venture into accounting field of study.
Incase you need the softcopy or hardcopy of this course material,
Kindly contact us on:
- A. INTRODUCTION TO MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM (DEFINITION & ELEMENT)
- A1. CONCEPT OF MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM(ADVANTAGES, OBJECTIVES, CHARACTERISTICS AND PURPOSES)
- A2. CONCEPT OF MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM (IMPORTANCE, ROLE, TYPES OF MIS)
- B. SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT CYCLE OF MIS AND TOTAL SYSTEM (Introduction)
- B. SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT CYCLE OF MIS AND TOTAL SYSTEM (PHASES IN THE DEVELOPMENT CYCLE OF MIS)
- B2. SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT CYCLE OF MIS AND TOTAL SYSTEM (Total system)
- C. PRINCIPLES OF DECISION MAKING (INTRODUCTION)
- C1. PRINCIPLES OF DECISION MAKING (STAGES OF DECISION MAKING)
- C2. PRINCIPLES OF DECISION MAKING (DECISION MAKING TECHNIQUES)
- C3. PRINCIPLES OF DECISION MAKING (GROUP DECISION-MAKING)
- COMPUTER NETWORKS AND COMMUNICATION
- COMPUTER(COMPONENT AND CLASSIFICATION)
- D. COMPUTER REPORT
- E. DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- F. USE OF INFORMATION FOR DECISION MAKING (OVERVIEW)
- F. USE OF INFORMATION FOR DECISION MAKING (Source of information, Data Processing)
- G. MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM 2: INTRODUCTION
- G1. MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM 2: MANAGEMENT AND IT FUNCTION
- G2. MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM 2: LEVEL OF MANAGEMENT
- G3. MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM 2: CONCEPT OF SYSTEM
- H. COMPONENT OF MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM
- J. SYSTEM ANALYSIS AND DESIGN (INTRODUCTION)
- J1. SYSTEM ANALYSIS AND DESIGN (SYSTEM REQUIREMENT AND SYSTEM DESIGN)
- J2. SYSTEM ANALYSIS AND DESIGN (FACT FINDING METHOD)
- J3. SYSTEM ANALYSIS AND DESIGN (SYSTEMS SPECIFICATION)
- k. INFORMATION PROCESSING CYCLE
- L.INFORMATION PROCESSING SOFTWARE
- M. COMPUTER SECURITY, THREAT AND PRIVACY
- N. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA (LAW AND POLICY)
- P. GENERATION OF COMPUTERS