This course is designed to provide the student with knowledge of the legal framework of establishing and running corporate organization.
On completion of this module the students should be able to:
- Understand the existence of various types of registered organization and their legal distinction
- Know the evoluting of the Nigerian Company law legislation.
- Appreciate the creation of the Corporate Affairs Commission by the Companies, and Allied Matters Act 1990
- Understand the legal nature of companies and their formation
- Know the methods by which companies raise capital
- Know types of corporate meetings and resolution
- Understand company accounts, role of auditors and declaration of dividends.
- Know amalgamation, restructuring, winding up and liquidation of a company
- Understand incorporation of trustees
- Understand registration of Business name.
All information and data for this course material are generated from various secondary sources such as the ICAN study pack, tertiary institution course material, online journals and articles, and other relevant webpages.
This course material is very fundamental to student of tertiary institution in the pursuit of academic excellence, as well as in workplace. The aim of this study material is to provide relevant insight for developing their knowledge and to carry out assignments.
Under no circumstance should the course material be used for illegal purposes whatsoever. They are all structurally design for reading conveniences and to create introductory knowledge for student who may wish to venture into accounting field of study.
Incase you need the softcopy or hardcopy of this course material,
the prizes goes for
Kindly contact us on:
- CORPORATE MEETINGS AND RESOLUTIONS
- DIRECTOR OF A COMPANY
- EVOLUTION OF THE NIGERIAN COMPANY LAW LEGISLATION
- LAW OF BUSINESS ASSOCIATIONS -1 COMPANIES
- PARTNER’S LIABILITIES
- PARTNERSHIP LAW
- RIGHTS AND DUTIES OF BANKERS AND CUSTOMERS
- THE ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION (ADR)
- THE CORPORATE AFFAIRS COMMISSION
- THE SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION