To expose students to the concepts, theories, principles and techniques of Auditing, it is further designed to develop the students knowledge on concepts, principles, theories and practice of auditing and their ability to perform attest functions.
On completion of this module the students should be able to:
- Understand theory and philosophy of auditing.
- Know rights, duties and responsibilities of auditor.
- Understand professional ethics.
- Know the Auditors liabilities.
- Understand the appointment and removal of auditors.
- Know the inter-relationship of the audit functions and the internal control system.
- Know selections of areas of work control, in-depth tests use of graphing and of sampling techniques.
- Understand Audit reports and opinions.
- Understand Fraud, its prevention and detection.
- Understand manual and computerized auditing.
- Understand the liabilities of an Auditor
- Understand Internal Audit and its relationship to statutory audit.
- Understand Balance Sheet audits.
- Understand verification and valuation of assets and liabilities.
All information and data for this course material are generated from various secondary sources such as the ICAN study pack, tertiary institution course material, online journals and articles, and other relevant webpages.
This course material is very fundamental to student of tertiary institution in the pursuit of academic excellence, as well as in workplace. The aim of this study material is to provide relevant insight for developing their knowledge and to carry out assignments.
Under no circumstance should the course material be used for illegal purposes whatsoever. They are all structurally design for reading conveniences and to create introductory knowledge for student who may wish to venture into accounting field of study.
Incase you need the softcopy or hardcopy of this course material,
Kindly contact us on:
- APPOINTMENT, REMUNERATION, RESIGNATION AND REMOVAL OF AUDITORS
- AUDIT COMMITTEES
- AUDIT CYCLE AND PROCEDURES
- AUDIT FRAUD
- AUDIT PLANNING
- AUDIT SAMPLING
- AUDIT TRAILS
- AUDITING PROCEDURES (VOUCHING AND VERIFICATION)
- AUDITOR’S REPORT
- AUDITORS’ LIABILITY AND LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY
- COMPUTER ASSISTED AUDIT TECHNIQUES (CAATs)
- INTERNAL CONTROL MEASURES IN SPECIFIC AREAS OF A BUSINESS
- INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM
- LETTER OF ENGAGEMENT
- METHOD OF RECORDING THE SYSTEMS OF CONTROL
- NATURE OF AUDITING
- PROFESSIONAL ETHICS
- RIGHT AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF AN AUDITOR
- SUBSTANTIVE PROCEDURES (SUBSTANTIVE TEST)
- TEST CONTROLS IN A COMPUTER ENVIRONMENT (COMPLIANCE TEST)
- TYPES OF AUDIT
- VERIFICATION OF ASSETS AND LIABILITIES